Through our TQS process we provide our customer the following:
SPS continually provides the training, material selection, processes, procedures, monitoring, and documentation necessary to ensure the safe and engineered reliability of our structural cable products to our clients around the world.
- Each custom order is matched to precise materials specified by purchase order.
- All materials are inspected to meet assurance of product consistency and conformity.
- All materials are purchased with full product certification permanently kept on file.
- All production processes are documented and monitored for adherence to SPS Procedure Manual.
- All employees are trained in the Procedures Manual of SPS to ensure all employees use the same work methods.
- An internal monitoring and evaluating system is employed to assure the complete satisfaction of customers before product is dispatched from SPS.
- In building qualified employees- SPS provides ongoing education, ensures that they have the right tools and equipment to produce and present TQS products each time and every time.
- Calibrated and well-maintained equipment lead to TQS products.
- All finished products receive in-line quality assurance and final stage inspection prior to dispatch.
Department of Testing and Inspection
- Raw material certification and purchasing specification to verify all materials are in conformance.
- Use TQS shop drawing control to inspect and record in-process, pre-delivery and load testing to produce Quality product throughout the Manufacturing process.
- Mill certification confirms the actual breaking Load of individual Rope and Strand.
- For Individual length accuracy, each rope is hand-measured before cutting, with calibrated measuring systems.
- For protection during the transport, rope assemblies are installed on specially designed Steel reels and other packaging containers.
- Monitors in-house manufacturing and process control equipment to ensure manufacturing adherence to customer requirements.
Pre-Stressed, Proof-Loaded and
- SPS has the capability to handle some of the largest specialized cable assemblies commonly required for roof and Bridge Structures, Communication Towers, Shovel and Drag Line Boom Pendants including 4-1⁄2” diameter strand pendants.
- To ensure proper alignment of Socket, our 30,000 square foot Facility includes a 35 foot Socketing Tower specially designed by SPS with centering and axial controls.
- Proof-loading of sockets insures the connection.
- Pre-stressing of product substantially removes constructional stretch reducing re-tensioning needs.
Custom Manufactured Products
- SPS specializes in Valued engineered products customized to Customer’s individual requirements.
- We produce products designed to handle specific conditions unique to individual pieces of equipment or locations.
- Our extensive product knowledge and worldwide sourcing gives you SPS for all your cabling needs.
Each assembly is fully inspected and carefully packaged by hand. Finished assemblies are cleaned and kept free of shop floor contamination while moved into final packaging.
- Our new 1500-ton hydraulic press, complete with automatic swaging controls give SPS the swaging accuracy required for today’s high performance cabling systems.
- Pre-stressing, proof-loading, and tensioned length verification are accomplished on our 500,000lb dual grip test track.
- SPS’s State of the Art 35ft molten pouring tower provides for thermostatically controlled molten zinc, with chart recorder for temperature verification of each socket recorded for quality assurance.
- In addition, we have the most modern devices for socket centering and alignment.
- OEM Approved Facility